Relief Sheep Milker
About the Role
As a Relief Sheep Milker, you'll be involved in the milking of 600 Sheep in a modern herringbone shed twice a day.
Other typical duties include bringing in sheep for milking, assisting with relevant animal health needs, and other general tasks related to the milking shed.
- Milk 600 sheep twice daily
- Assist with animal husbandry
- Perform general farm maintenance tasks
Experience is preferred although not essential, and a background in farming would be very useful. You're able to complete tasks to a high standard and work well with minimal supervision. You're proactive, a good communicator, fit and healthy, and willing to learn.
- Milking or stock handling experience is advantageous
- Able to pass a drug test
- Physically fit and healthy
- Reliable transport to/from Kirwee
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative player in the dairy niche. Jones Family Farm provides nutritious New Zealand sheep milk and sheep milk cheese for everyday people seeking bovine and plant-based dairy alternatives and results from the need for a dairy alternative for food allergies within the founder's family.
The farm comes from years of research and development in sheep milk breeds, land use and nutritional values. They aim to provide customers with dairy products that are good for your health and the environment.
What's On Offer
- Flexibility with hours - negotiate how many hours you wish to work, subject to seasonal requirements.
- Farm located in Kirwee, Selwyn
- Immediate start available
- Earn $23 - $28 per hour, depending on your experience
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting your CV/resume via the button above.
Applications for this position will close when filled, so please submit your application without delay. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.