Agricultural Labourer - Spray Team
About the Role
Successful candidates will be part of our spray team working to spot or line spray rogue crops out of a range of grass paddocks. You will work as part of a set team but will be likely to alternate between spraying and roguing in a team of around four people. We provide paid training sessions to upskill/teach you the basic agricultural skills needed to:
- Remove rogue plants from the main crop in paddocks
- Spot or line spray in a range of grass paddocks
- Use different hand or power/petrol tools if required
You have an awesome attitude and work well in a team environment. You have great communication and listening skills, and you pay attention to and follow instructions.
Being capable of physical work is essential as you'll carry 10-litre chemical spray packs and walk long distances over the course of the day. This role is not suitable for someone with back or leg issues which will prevent you from doing these tasks.
- You'll pass a drug test
- You're physically fit and capable of standing/walking/bending down repeatedly
- No experience is needed (but any you have is beneficial)
What's on Offer
We offer super flexible contract lengths - do you only need a few weeks of work? Or, do you want 2, 4, or 6+ months? We can be flexible with how many days per week, and how many hours you work, provided you can commit to the same days/times each week.
- $23.50 starting rate + 8% holiday pay on top
- Full, paid training is provided
- PPE is provided including workboots, overalls, gloves
- Transport is provided from the yard in Ashburton to the site
- If you have a full, clean driver's license, earn a bonus for driving
How to Apply
If you're interested, then apply online now by sending us your CV/resume and two contactable references.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.