Factory Knife Hands
- Fixed-term factory knife hand opportunities working on a primary processing line.
- Permanent roles are offered to exceptional workers.
- Experience working as a knife hand is beneficial but not required!
We are looking for factory knife hands for our Timaru-based client.
About the RoleWe have fixed-term assignments available at a food processing factory that could lead to permanent roles for the right people. Primarily, your new role will see you work on a food processing line utilising your knife skills. From time to time, you may be required to help elsewhere in the factory.
- Work on a primary processing line trimming/deboning
- Weigh, label, and package products
- Follow strict health, safety and food quality requirements
- Maintain knives and other relevant equipment
There are two shift options available:
- The first option is 6 am to 2.30 pm, Monday to Friday (42.5 hours)
- The second option is for school-friendly hours, 9 am to 2.30 pm, Monday to Friday (27 hours)
About YouWe are looking for knife hands who can commit to one of the above shifts. To be successful in this role, you will be a reliable person with a good work ethic. You're a team player who gets along easily with others and is willing to learn new skills and is committed to following food quality standards.
Previous manufacturing or process line experience is helpful, as is OSH forklift cert or F endorsement or experience working as a knife hand (trimming/deboning). However, none of these is required as full training is provided!
- Physically fit and able
- Passing pre-employment drug testing is mandatory
- Able to commit to one of the two shift options
About Our Client
Our client has been in the food manufacturing industry for well over 100 years and prides itself on quality and sustainability. They take an active approach in their local and wider communities, supporting child and youth development, local events and other social initiatives.
They offer a fun and diverse team culture and are a company that recognises and rewards committed staff with a range of additional benefits and career development opportunities for motivated people, including leadership development.
What's On Offer
- Fixed-term to permanent contracts available
- Mon - Fri shifts (no weekends), 6 am - 2.30 pm OR 9 am - 2.30 pm
- PPE provided
- Onsite training provided
- Career development including leadership
- $23+ per hour start rate, PLUS 8% holiday pay
How to ApplyIf you're fit, enthusiastic and have a 'can-do' attitude, apply today! Send us your CV/resume and two contactable work references.Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.